It burns when I urinate and the tip of my penis around the hole is quite red. It is not an STD for sure. Is it a uti? I have cipro (ciprofloxacin) I can take.

Dr. Tiffanie Noonan

In brief: Irritation...

From description, I suspect the burning is coming from urine touching the inflamed skin of the penis and NOT from a UTI.
The only way to know for sure is to have a urinalysis. I'd advise against taking the cipro (ciprofloxacin) because it will make a urine culture unreliable. If redness is mild, apply an antibiotic ointment and make an appointment to have urine tested. An STD is something I'd still test for.

In brief: Irritation...

Dr. Adam Levy