What is the difference between peripheral neuropathy and neuralgia?

Signs. Neuralgia is pain is the distribution of a nerve. Neuropathy is objective evidence of nerve dysfunction. For example, numbness or weakness atteibuted to a nerve. One can have a neuralgia without objective evidence of nerve dysfunction. One can have neuropathy without pain.
Pain vs. Pathology. Neuropathy translates as "nerve injury" and can occur without associated pain. Neuralgia means "nerve pain" and refers specifically to nerve-related pain; often in the context of a neuropathy.