I've gained 60 lbs on Trazadone, Seroquel (quetiapine) and Klonopin. I want to try green coffee bean extract due to being tired all day. Is it safe? I'm desperate

Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: Med weight gain

Agree with others skeptical of green coffee bean extract for weight loss.
Seroquel (quetiapine) is most likely cause for weight gain. Review with prescribing doctor to consider tapering and trying alternative at lowest dose possible less likely to cause weight gain. Weight gain from Seroquel (quetiapine) is reversible. Meantime, eat healthy, avoid junk food, limit alcohol and exercise as much as possible. Hope this helps.

In brief: Med weight gain

Dr. Joyce Fiedler

In brief: Weight gain

Unfortunately, the medications you are taking are known to cause weight gain.
DO not stop them as your underlying mental health conditions must be treated. Maintain a healthy lifestyle - exercise 30 minutes 5x a week, avoid fatty fried foods, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. I am not convinced that green bean extract is a magic wt loss pill. You can try it - should not interfere with meds.

In brief: Weight gain

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Be smart

I understand the desperation.
But science is universal in telling us this fraudulent product will not in any way lead you to real, lasting, or energetic weight loss. It is a fake product only designed to take money from desperate people.

In brief: Be smart

I understand the desperation.
Dr. Marsha Davis