6yo constipation prob since 2, holding due to fear of pain. Passes bm while sleeps. On fiber. Tried pedia lax 1st time. Not much bm but tissue n blood?

In brief: Constipation

constipation is a common problem in children.
In this case pt has encopresis which means the constipation is bad and chronic. This pt needs to see pediatric gastroenterologist if he has not done so yet. He/she will need a bowel cleanout first and then will need a regimen to keep pt having 1-2 soft BM's a day.

In brief: Constipation

Dr. Larry Xanthopoulos
Dr. Larry Xanthopoulos

In brief: Time for office vist

I would write down a short history of how this started and what you have done about it over 4 yrs.
Take this & the kid to the doc and review the findings and come up with a long term plan.If his/her doc is not experienced with this pbm, see a developmental pediatrician or pedi-GI specialist. This is a relatively common issue that often takes up to a year or more to resolve using a defined plan

In brief: Time for office vist

Dr. Gloria Lopez

In brief: Chronic constipation

Usually constipation in toddlers isn't a sign of any serious disease.
Culprit: a diet too heavy in processed foods and sweets, and too light in fiber (like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables). Not getting enough fluids. When there is soiling, (encopresis) it requires the intervention of a GI team for bowel cleansing and then re-training. Adequate diet will prevent this condition in the future.

In brief: Chronic constipation

Dr. Gloria Lopez
Dr. Gloria Lopez
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Needs soft stools

Constipation is a frustrating problem in children who have had a painful bm in the past.
Try "p" fruits peaches, pears and prunes, increase fluids and continue your fiber. I am concerned that your six year old is passing stools while asleep. If he is persistently witholding during the day, he may have an impaction. Your pediatrician can diagnose this in the office on exam.

In brief: Needs soft stools

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Cindy Juster