What are the common symptoms of influenza?

Among others. Aches and fevers are very non-specific and could be due to dozens of infectious and non-infectious conditions. With influenza may also see respiratory tract symptoms, GI symptoms, severe chills, etc. The only way however to know if is influenza is through testing for the virus or later on, antibodies to the virus.
Influenza. According to Mayo Clinic Flu sxs may include “Fever over 100F (38C), Aching muscles, especially in your back, arms and legs, Chills & sweats, Headache, Dry Cough, Fatigue and weakness, Nasal Congestion.”