ECGs during stress test showed possible inferior infarct (age unknown). echo and post EKGS came back fine except one with PAC. should i be worried?

Dr. Matt Wachsman

In brief: Probably

But you will want the dye stress test which shows blood flow thru the heart Will show a gap if there was a heart attack and will show up risky parts

In brief: Probably

Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Mohammed Karim

In brief: No

You are very young.
Unless you have family H/O of premature CAD and personal risk factors such as smoking, HTN, Hyperlipidemia, DM, metabolic syndrome, use of recreational drugs (cocaine) or type A personality you should not worried about EKG findings. A pretest probability is very important to distinguish between false positive & false negative. Tips: Relax & enjoy healthy life style.

In brief: No

You are very young.
Dr. Mohammed Karim
Dr. Mohammed Karim
Dr. Frank Amico

In brief: No worries

Do not worry about it....you are way to young to have had an old MI.

In brief: No worries

Dr. Frank Amico
Dr. Frank Amico
Dr. Carlos Orrego
No, if all tests are normal do not worry about Ekg
Dr. David Dinhofer
Radiology

In brief: No

Stress ECG's are subject to variability and interpretation.
Without see it, I cannot judge it. However, if the echo and post EKG's show no problems, then I would think that this is an artifact. Nonetheless, I would ask your cardiologist what he or she thinks. Repeat if there is a question.

In brief: No

Dr. David Dinhofer
Dr. David Dinhofer
Dr. Henry Jacobs

In brief: This is for a cardio

you need a cardiologist's opinion here.
an old inferior infarct may be much but you are 23. a normal echo and normal ekg are good, but you need to ask about long term surveillance of an abn exercise stress test. the cardiologists are the right guys to ask.

In brief: This is for a cardio

you need a cardiologist's opinion here.
Dr. Henry Jacobs
Dr. Henry Jacobs
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith

In brief: Heart

These findings require follow up.
At this point, at your age, I don't think you should be worried. But, be sure you follow up with practitioners, follow a careful diet, be sure your BP is well controlled, keep ideal body weight, eat low salt low fat diet, do not smoke. Be checked every 6-12 months.

In brief: Heart

These findings require follow up.
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Mihaela Marin

In brief: Stress test reason?

An abnormal exercise EKG stress test in somebody with a low risk for coronary artery disease , like you, is most likely a false positive result.
Having a normal ECHO is reassuring, in the absence of symptoms ( like shortness of breath/chest pains with exertion ). If you, however have symptoms or you have a high cardiac risk, a nuclear stress test or stress ECHO should be considered.

In brief: Stress test reason?

Dr. Mihaela Marin
Dr. Mihaela Marin
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine