Are earaches symptoms of hearing loss and deafness?

Not usually. Otalgia, or ear pain, can be caused by infections of the middle ear, infection of the outer ear, referred pain from the jaw, or eustachian tube dysfunction. The last item is the feeling you may get of "popping" when on an airplane as it is ascending or descending due to changes in pressure. Hearing loss and deafness can be the result of repeated severe ear infections, but this is not common.
Can be. Just earache alone may not always be associated with hearing loss unless there is swelling or obstruction in the external ear or other middle ear problems.