How to cure the painful symptoms of gout?

Dr. Mathew John
Podiatry
In brief: NSAIDs
Often acute gout symptoms can be resolved with a strong anti-inflammatory medication such as indomethacin.
If you have chronic gout you may need to be on a long term medication that will prevent gout attacks.

In brief: NSAIDs
Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Two fold RX:
To get rid of a gout attacked caused by buildup of uric acid crystals: start with Colchicine 2 x daily, with a NSAID (indocin (indomethacin) is old school).
You may need the inflammed joint(s) injected as well. Once your attack has subsided, you need to lower your uric acid level. You can do so inexpensively with allopurinol. I biuld up the dose from 100mg/day to 300. You must remain on the Colchicine and nsaid.

In brief: Two fold RX:
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey