If a chest infection damaged your lungs is it permanent?

Lungs grow a little. Depending on the type of infection, and the extent of it, it's possible that there may be scarring or other permanent damage. However, lungs do recover gradually over time--especially for younger people. Your best bet at this point is to keep your lungs as healthy as possible going forward: never smoke, use precautions in workplace with breathing hazards, and exercise regularly!
Depends. Truly damaged or dead lung tissue does not grow back. But chest infections rarely permanently damage your lungs.
Lung infection. Depending on the extent and cause of the infection will determine if there was actual damage done. There is low likelihood that you will have long lasting damage from one infection. Long term inflammation from chronic conditions such as COPD, which are frequently brought on by smoking will cause progressive damage over time. However, at your age, there is low likelihood of permanent damage.
It depends . It depends on two things . First , what kind of infection was it ? Viral? Bacterial? Fungal? . Second, what exactly do you mean with permanent damage ? Scar tissue? Some fungal infections can leave scar tissue and may even require surgey to remove segments of your lung . When appropriately treated people can continue on with their lives . .
CXR findings. Some chest infections can damage lungs - bronchiectasis at a young age can lead to having asthma and other problems later on. Some infections like TB can cause a walled off healed infection called a granuloma. Pneumonia can sometimes cause scarring as it heals. The significance of these can vary from nothing to significant. Check with your doctor to be sure. Good Luck!