How do I lessen my symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder?

Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: CBT and meditation

CBT-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be very effective and you can do it yourself with the Companion app for iPhone which you can get at: www.
companionapproach.com I highly recommend it. Meditation with the breath is relaxing and helps reduce anxiety. I highly recommend SPIRE which is a tiny device you wear. You can find it at: http://bit.ly/28W8bpB

In brief: CBT and meditation

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy+other tools

Find a good psychotherapist: psychotherapy assists in identifying & resolving underlying issues.
.. Depending on severity, meds may or may not be indicated...+introduce urself to the very powerful self help tool of emotional freedom technique (eft); it's all over the internet, youtube, www.Eftuniverse.Com. +mindfulness meditation & relaxation are very powerful tools for gad! wishing you well!

In brief: Therapy+other tools

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Med/PsychT/Self-Care

Medication and psychotherapy works best.
Establishing self-care pattern, schedules might help relieve anxiety by making the environment more predictable. Cognitive behavioral therapy might help with identifying negative thoughts contributing to anxiety and what might provoke the thoughts. You will have to follow through with the homeworks assigned in therapy and relaxation exercises.

In brief: Med/PsychT/Self-Care

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Generalized Anxiety

In addition to the earlier information other docs gave you, consider clinical hypnosis and self-hypnosis training (see www.
asch.net for licensed referrals). Read up on the fight-flight-freeze response and the Relaxation Response (see www.relaxationresponse.org). Peace and good health. Your central nervous system is on high alert and needs to be re-trained.

In brief: Generalized Anxiety

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif