My cardiologist did a regular treadmill stress test on me which was normal, so was resting EKG and chst xray why do i hear stress test is not gd women?

Dr. William Haehl

In brief: Stress test ok

The problem with the stress test in women is that there are more false positive which means the test can be positive even though you do not have disease thus "falsely positive".
However on the flip side, if the test is negative then it has about an 80% predictive value meaning if it is negative then about 80% of the time you do not have disease which is about the same value as in males. You are ok

In brief: Stress test ok

Dr. William Haehl
Dr. William Haehl
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology