I have had bad breath 4 years, but have never been able 2 smell it. Others reactions made me aware of it. I can now smell a foul order when I breathe?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Bad breath

Halitosis, bad breath is caused by poor dental health, tooth decay and may be a sign of other systemic health problems.
Also the type of food you eat or other factors like smoking can effect your breath. Rec.: see a dentist to determine the cause of the problem and proper treatment.

In brief: Bad breath

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Sulfa

Sulfa producing bacteria causes bad breath most of time.
See your Dentist for professional cleaning. Make sure no tooth or gum infections. Learn proper oral hygiene techniques, especially flossing. Learn to brush or scrape tongue. See Dentist to check tonsils, acid reflux, Meds. Good luck.

In brief: Sulfa

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Breath

Great question. Bad breath may be related to teeth issues, acid reflux or sinus issues.
See your dentist and if fine, see a GI

In brief: Breath

See your dentist and if fine, see a GI
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Dr. Barry Marged

In brief: Infection?

There is always a reason for bad breath.
Infection in gums and throat can cause this. Teeth in poor repair and significant decay can also cause this. A sinus infection with pus draining down the back of the throat can also cause this to name only a few and the statistically most likely causes. A dentis or oral surgeon or your family doc ought to be consulted

In brief: Infection?

Dr. Barry Marged
Dr. Barry Marged

In brief: Determine the cause

Once the cause of your bad breath is determined, you can address the factors and treat your halitosis Diet, sinus infection, decayed teeth, periodontal disease, and acid reflux are a few of the most common causes.
Start with your dentist... get a thorough exam and a professional cleaning; have all decayed teeth restored. If problem persists, see a gastroenterologist.

In brief: Determine the cause

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Arnon Rubin