I take Lexapro (escitalopram) for depression and feel that it doesn't help all my symptoms. Should I consider another medication?

Dr. Rhonda Simons

In brief: Not necessarily, but

I would look into Genomind testing, it shows how slow or fast psych (and other) drugs go through your liver. Sometimes drugs go through so fast, they don't do any good.
Also get tested and treated for MTHFR 677 & 1298. 84% of the US pop is +, and 100% of depressed Pts in my practice are positive. It's a genetic defect that is fixed with a mixture of three simple supplements. L-methylfolate 15mg +

In brief: Not necessarily, but

Dr. Donald Colantino

I would consider changing the medication if you've felt no improvement on it and took the appropriate dose.
A psychiatrist is best qualified to evaluate and treat you for depression,however.

Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: It depends

If you are having problems you should probably contact your prescribing doctor

In brief: It depends