Red pimple like bump on vagina lip. Not painful. Had a white tip but I popped it and white stuff came out?

Sebaceous cyst. It is a sebaceous or epidermoid cyst caused sometimes by inflammation of some kind. If it returns and bothers you, you can have it removed. If it begins to be painful, it may be infected and need treatment.
Herpes. If it goes away and never returns it is probably an obstructed gland or ingrown hair like you thought. If it is actually on mucousal membrane of vagina that is less likely but still possible. Herpes can cause discrete lesions but they are quite painful and typically not "one pimple". The hallmark of herpes is that the lesions return. MD can do tests to determine what it is.