Can you tell me how long you can live with lung cancer, chronic renal failure, lymph node metasteses, hernia. age 87. We need to make plans.

Dr. Erik Voogd
Pain Management

In brief: Cancer Prognosis

As you haven't specified the type of cancer I really couldn't even begin to give you a reasonable estimate of survival time.
Even with it I would still need to know more about how significant the spread is. Adding in the ESRD (which I would also need to know what stage you are in) certainly impacts your likely longevity. With all these variables you really need to consult with your oncologist.

In brief: Cancer Prognosis

Dr. Erik Voogd
Dr. Erik Voogd

In brief: Make the plan

life and death are in God hand nobody can give accurate answer the scenario you describing is kind of bad from medical point of view make the plan,settle your affair,and prepare yourself for the next journey a wise man said live your day as if you are going to die today plan as you are going to live for ever you have something a lot of people do not time to arrange and said your good buy use it

In brief: Make the plan

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Agree,

..you guys need to make plans but I'm not sure we can be of much help.
Hernia? Usually no big deal. Chronic renal failure? Not rare at age 87, of course the more severe, the worse it will affect other things. Lung cancer (sounds like stage 3) at 87? Now that sounds tougher to manage. That said, it depends on many factors. Have an honest talk with the treating oncologist about realistic options.

In brief: Agree,

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology