The symptoms of bipolar disorder are happy and sad?

Bipolar. Symptoms are extreme variation of moods from manic/hypomanic with pressured speech/irritability/flight of ideas/lack of sleep, to depressed phase with anhedonia, sad affect, changes in sleep/appetite/energy level, and in both extremes tyhere is increase thoughts of self harm.
Partly. Yes extreme sadness is part of a depressive episode and a sense of overwhelming happiness may be a part of a manic episode, but manic depressive disorder or bipolar disorder is much more than just happy and sad. See my virtual practice for my previous answers to questions about bipolar disorder.