I've never had headaches in my life until hitting my head over a yr ago. Now when I do they are pretty bad, days long and one sided..normal?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Concerning sign

Any headache that is new and persistent, especially when one-sided, and it does not respond to over-the-counter pain relievers, is worth a closer look.
The fact that you have had them a year and are still around to talk about is reassuring though. It would be a good idea to get an examination from your primary care provider who can decide what steps should be taken next if no cause is evident.

In brief: Concerning sign

Dr. Marsha Davis