How long before my due date should I change my diet to something light to prevent pooping while in labor? I've read that broth, toast, ice pops help.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Don't worry

You must maintain a well balanced diet throughout your pregnancy.
Unless you are planning a labor induction, you will not know when you will be in labor and even then you could enter labor spontaneously before the scheduled induction date. Many women do pass stool during the second stage of labor, that is common, essentially normal and an unavoidable consequence of parturition. Don't fret over it.

In brief: Don't worry

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Jane Van Dis