I have noticed a hard painless lump on my inside gum after a tooth had a cavity and broke off... I'm going to the dentist today but I'm so terrified ?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Abscess? Tori?

My guess would be an abscess although it could be a number of other things.
It could also be a torus which is merely some extra bone and a variant of normal anatomy. Whatever it is, even an infection it can be treated painlessly so there is no reason to be worried, let alone terrified. When was your last dental check-up and do you go regularly?

In brief: Abscess? Tori?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Gingival abscess

A gum abscess usually requires treatment; otherwise it can worsen and result in the destruction of the surrounding tissue.
See your dentist for evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Gingival abscess

Dr. Julan Crane

In brief: Lump on gum

Be assured that you wil be taken care of by your dentist today.
That lump may be an abscess from the damaged tooth . Detail care does not have to scare you as many procedures can be done painless.

In brief: Lump on gum

Dr. Howard Shapiro

In brief: Not likely to be bad

Since this appeared after the tooth broke, it is likely to be related to that problem. Without going to a list of potential causes, it is not likely to be anything scary!

In brief: Not likely to be bad

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Oral surgeon

without a photo this could be an abscess, cyst, or soft tissue growth- seek oral surgeon for evaluation.

In brief: Oral surgeon

Dr. Jack Hinkle