I have chronic cough diagnosed as allergic asthma. I was on fluticasone & ventolin but not much difference. Doc prescribed Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol). Is this okay?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) is an excellent medicine for asthma.
It needs to be used everyday as your doctor prescribed. It is what is known as a maintaince medication. You still should have ventolin to use as a rescue medication when you have wheezing or shortness of breath. Please followup with your doctor after you have been on Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) for 3-4 weeks.

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology