Is this redness but without rash a symptom of acne rosacea?

Can be. Mild rosacea gives you only some redness. Most of the case, it gets worse as you get aged with harmful uv and/or other factors (sometime wine or even social gathering).
Rosacea. Rosacea often flares when something causes the blood vessels in the face to expand, which causes redness. Things that cause a flare-up are called triggers. Common triggers are exercise, sun and wind exposure, hot weather, stress, spicy foods, alcohol, and hot baths. Swings in temperature from hot to cold or cold to hot can also cause a flare.