Can I take Claritin (loratadine) in the morning and zyrtec at night..Allergies are just that bad..

Dr. Per Freitag
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Should be OK

I have also found that seasonal allergies can benefit from a sinus rinse using a Neilmed (for example), a little teapot like container with saltwater. If you take the antihistamine in the am and pm I do not think they have to be the same brand.

In brief: Should be OK

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Not recommended

It is not recommended or useful to take both claritin (loratadine) and zyrtec on the same day.
Stay with one or the other. If no relief, see your physician who may prescribe medication or refer you to an allergist.

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Vicken Poochikian