I have medial epicondylar release & ulnar nerve decompression on5/9/14. I still have swelling and sharp pains numb elbow. Is that normal?

Dr. Ew Christensen

In brief: Not normal

After almost 3 month since your surgery, I would expect you to be better unless you had significant nerve damage before surgery.
I would recommend you get back into your surgeon and possibly your neurologist and have it evaluated.

In brief: Not normal

Dr. Susan Arnoult

That is a very tender area of the body and those particular procedures can cause lingering pain.
It will improve but be sure to tell your surgeon and ask for a pain consult to find out your options.

Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery

In brief: Cubital tunnel

Yes. Sometimes the pain and swelling can take months to heal.
Try using an elbow guard, anti-inflammatory medications, and ice at night. Your surgeon may recommend occupational therapy to speed recovery too.

In brief: Cubital tunnel