I do not like Taking Lamotrigine for my epilepsy during pregnancy Is láser surgery safer?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: No

With epilepsy surgery there is a good chance you might still need to take anticonvulsant medication.
Lamictal is relatively safe. 2-3 % risk of major birth defect (same as general population) Slight increase in cleft lip and palate is offset by taking high dose (1-4 mg) of folate (folic acid) during reproductive years. Breast feeding is encouraged even though 50 percent of Lamictal can pass though breast milk.

In brief: No

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham