GYN-I have simple ovarian cyst and sm fibroids. Severe pelvic/rectal pain. Why is my GYN testing CA-125 if the test is not conclusive detecting CANCER?

Dr. Mark Pack
Surgery

In brief: Discuss with GYN

No tumor marker is conclusive of cancer.
You would need to discuss this with your GYN as to why they feel the need to check a CA-125. They may just be trying to be thorough in your evaluation.

In brief: Discuss with GYN

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine

In brief: I agree with you

I agree 100% that I do not understand why you are getting CA-125 tested, by itself it is not a reliable screen for anything, actually.
But I am commenting online, and the doctor who knows you and your medical situation may have an answer for you. You owe it to yourself - and to that doctor - to ask him/her this question. Best wishes.

In brief: I agree with you

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham