I had intercourse before and my ovulation? Can I get pregnant?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Pregnancy

Yes. Sperm survive 3-7 days in the female tract and the egg is viable for 24 hours after ovulation so it you had intercourse right before ovulation or right after ovulation, fertilization is very possible.
Hope this helps

In brief: Pregnancy

Hope this helps
Dr. Norma jo Waxman

In brief: Can get pregnant

How do you know you are ovulating? how many days before your ovulation did you have intercourse? Yes you can get pregnant if you're not using any form of birth control and you're having unprotected sex.
Usually having sex during the week prior to ovulation is the most likely time to get pregnant

In brief: Can get pregnant

Dr. Jane Van Dis