Concerning diets, ppl often suggest things like cutting off carbs and sugars and add lean proteins. Can you please suggest specific foods for diets?

Balanced diet. I like diets that focus on eating foods with a low glycemic index. Glycemic index is a measure of how much the foods impact your blood sugar. Low Glycemic diets have been associated with decreased risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, depression, and more. Try to fill up half your plate with green veggies, 1/4 of your plate with lean protein, and 1/4 of your plate with starch.
Be careful. There are many fads from a dietary perspective and there is also limited data to suggest that one diet is head and shoulders best above all. But the healthiest diets do share one thing in common, minimization of processed foods and a focus on vegetables(and to a lesser extent fruit). Keep your diet colorful and natural and try to avoid eating things that come out of a box.