I've had a left eye twitch for about 1.5 months and now the muscles around my mouth on that side of my face twitch too. What's the cause?

Dr. Tyra Harris

In brief: Stress

Usually, facial muscle spasms are due to some stressor. However, certain medications can also cause twitching of facial muscles.
Since you did not list any medications, try using a warm compress on your face and practice some stress relieving activities like yoga, exercise, or meditation. If no change, see your doctor for a complete evaluation.

In brief: Stress

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Lot's of causes.

There are many potential causes.
You will need to see your doc about this as a very thorough history and exam are required to sort this out. May need to see a neurologist. Chances are it is benign.

In brief: Lot's of causes.

There are many potential causes.
Dr. Eric Weisman