My BP is usually 110/68 in the morning. the last week its been up to 130/80. been drinking ginger tea with peppermint tea the last week. any thoughts?

Dr. Mitchell Kahn

In brief: Both numbers normal

Both 110/68 and 130/80 are normal blood pressure readings.
Blood-pressure readings are dynamic, that is they change throughout the day. Many things can affect your blood pressure including medications (such as Adderall), anxiety, salt intake and amount of sleep. Ginger tea or peppermint tea are very unlikely to be affecting your blood pressure.

In brief: Both numbers normal

Dr. Mitchell Kahn
Dr. Mitchell Kahn
Dr. Susan Rhoads
There is a report that ginger in high doses can cause palpitations. My best friend gets noticeable palpitations with small doses (but nothing else she eats does this). Here is a list of studies ginger and its possible benefits and risks: http://www.herbalsafety.utep.edu/herbs-pdfs/ginger.pdf
Dr. Tyra Harris

In brief: Caffeine

While you blood pressure is still within the normal range, caffeine in teas can cause some elevation in blood pressure.
Unless you are being treated for hypertension, it doesn't seem that concerning. If you are worried, cut down on the tea and see what happens or visit your regular doctor for more advice.

In brief: Caffeine

Dr. Tyra Harris
Dr. Tyra Harris
Dr. Stanley Ling

In brief: BP

Your Bp is still within the normal limits.
It may be a little elevated from a little more fluid than usual. In any event I would continue to monitor it and if it goes above 140/90 persistently, then consult your doctor.

In brief: BP

Dr. Stanley Ling
Dr. Stanley Ling
Dr. Shashank Jain

In brief: Normal

Your BP is within the normal range.
BP targets are different in different populations, depending upon age, co-morbidities. Your PCP can evaluate/ screen you in or out for hypertension. That process in turns usually takes 3- 6 months. bottom line: your BP (from what you tell us here) is normal, don't worry about it and just follow regularly with your PCP. No comments or thoughts on the tea

In brief: Normal

Your BP is within the normal range.
Dr. Shashank Jain
Dr. Shashank Jain
Dr. Umesh Patel