How many molds of my teeth would the ortodontist get before I receive braces?

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Varies

Usually impressions are taken to produce one pair of study models to assist in diagnosis of your situation.
There may occasions were other types of impressions and models may be required such as to make different appliances to go along with braces like palate expanders, space holding devices, etc.

In brief: Varies

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman

In brief: Usually 2

Usually one of the upper and one of the lower jaw/teeth.

In brief: Usually 2

Dr. David Schneider
Dr. David Schneider
Dr. BHARAT RAKSHAK
Dentistry

In brief: Generally one set

Most of the times one set of upper and lower molds or impressions are required.
He can either duplicate or take more if special circumstances arise. With clear aligners like invisalign or clear correct , this process might have to be repeated more often during the treatment

In brief: Generally one set

Dr. BHARAT RAKSHAK
Dr. BHARAT RAKSHAK
Dr. Marsha Davis