Turn my head to left and have sharp pain down spine?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Nerve Pain

It sounds like you may have a pinched nerve or more likely a muscle strain or spasm. A nerve should have symptoms into your arm as well which you do not mention.
Either way if this continues an evaluation by your physician is warranted if this continues

In brief: Nerve Pain

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies

There are multiple possibilities.
In general, if you have a " pinched nerve" in your spine, anything that increases the pressure in your spinal canal can cause pain. That can include subtle things such as turning your head or even a light cough. I would not hesitate to be seen for a specific diagnosis.

In brief: Varies

There are multiple possibilities.
Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery

In brief: Neck pain

An inflamed nerve root, facet joint, or rib head can cause the pain that you describe.
Anti-inflammatory medications and massage are a good first step to relieve the pain. Consider a chiropractor if the pain persists. Other treatment options include muscle relaxers, neuropathic pain medicine, physical therapy, and pain management.

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Adam Smith