My 3 month old still has a bruise and lump from her 2 month shots. Is that normal? If not, what should I do?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Hematoma

This is most likely a congealed blood clot under the skin where some minor bleeding occurred at the time of the injection.
Warm applications help dissolve the clot which is harmless. Sometimes it has to be removed with a small incision if the lump is very firm and tender. Your pediatrician can advise you.

In brief: Hematoma

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Keshab Paudel

In brief: May be not

It might have gotten infected. Please see a doctor.

In brief: May be not

Dr. Keshab Paudel
Dr. Keshab Paudel
Dr. Lori Semel

In brief: Lump from imm

There is a metal adjuvant ( a component of the vaccine that brings it all together) that can be left in the fat tissue on the way down to the muscle.
This can leave a little lump in the leg. It usually resolves over a couple of months and nothing to worry about.

In brief: Lump from imm

Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. Sarkis Barupian

In brief: Shots

It is possible and it even happened to my son, use some warm compresses and monitor it for signs and symptons of complications and if in doubt see his/her pediatrician

In brief: Shots

Dr. Sarkis Barupian
Dr. Sarkis Barupian