I have a hemorrhoid from coughing so bad it hurts and looks pink will it go away and how long? It even hurts it when I cough

Dr. Michael Schwartz
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Couple of days

Sounds just inflamed.
Would just treat it conservatively. Sitz baths, stool softeners and over the counter anesthetic creams. In rare cases it may be a thrombosed (clotted) hemorrhoid. If so, these will last longer and can be incredibly painful and my require evacuation of the clot

In brief: Couple of days

Sounds just inflamed.
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Dr. Steve Howe
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Treat cough

Chronic coughing is a common source of hemorrhoids as it increases intra-abdominal pressure;similar to straining at hard stools.
Treat your cough and they should go away.

In brief: Treat cough

Dr. Steve Howe
Dr. Steve Howe
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery