Can you cure an open angle glaucoma by surgery?

Stabilizable. Unfortunately, we don't have a surgical/medical cure for glaucoma. The current treatments are very effective and provide a tremendous stabilizing influence on glaucomatous disease. Glaucoma requires chronic and diligent life long care to assure that visual function remains as high as possible throughout life. I remain optimistic about medical/surgical research on better treatment strategies.
Open angle glaucoma. This problem rarely requires surgery. It usually responds well to topical eyedrops such as Xallatan, Alpha blocker drops or Cosopot. In rare severe cases that are not responding to treatment, surgery might be necessary. It is a difficult surgery.