I accidentally placed my mouth on my neice straw who has oral herpes but no outbreak, should I be worried? I'm scared to kiss my husband or son.

Dr. Gregory Gilbert
Emergency Medicine

In brief: You should be fine

The prevalence of HSV is around 98% of the population if memory serves me right.
That means you and your husband have probably already been exposed at some point previously. On a risk scale, your likelihood of transmitting is low and avoiding contact with them seems an unnecessary precaution. If you develop lesions, see your doctor and then avoid oral contact. Otherwise kiss on!

In brief: You should be fine

Dr. Gregory Gilbert
Dr. Gregory Gilbert
Dr. Lori Semel

In brief: Oral herpes

As long as she has no active lesions and does not break out in the next couple of days.
There is no risk to you and certainly not to your husband or son.

In brief: Oral herpes

Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. Per Freitag
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably not

As long as she does not have any sores or symptoms, it would be unlikely

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Per Freitag
Dr. Per Freitag
Dr. Adam Levy