What is dangerous about the Hib vaccine?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Hib Vaccine
Hib vaccine is safe.
The adverse reactions are very mild.The most common reaction are transient redness, swelling or pain at the site of injection, occuring in 5 to 30 percent of vaccine recipient.More severe reactions are very rare.Fever over 101 degree happens 1 out of twenty, these may last 2to3 days so there is no real danger with hib vaccine.

In brief: Hib Vaccine
Hib vaccine is safe.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Nothing
Early in my practice I saw several babies die from this germ as meningitis or be severely sick with epiglottis.
I had at least 2/yr with HIB meningitis in my small practice.After the present vaccine was developed, the disease almost disappeared.I didn't see either HIB meningitis or epiglottis in my last decade in practice. It still occurs in the underdeveloped countries.

In brief: Nothing