What herbal remedies are for anxiety?

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Talk to dr.first

Kava -- might relax you w/o the feelings of sedation, but in some studies was linked to liver problems.
If you have liver problems, don't take it w/o discussing with your doctor first. Vit. B and Folic Acid are believed to affect production of neurotransmitters and thus help with anxiety. Valerian -- helps with sleep and is believed to help with anxiety.

In brief: Talk to dr.first

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Bettina Herbert
I love lemon balm, especially in tea form, (also in tincture or capsule), passionflower and chamomile as well.
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Several

As my colleague states, kava is known to help anxiety.
But a caveat about possible liver toxicity that can show up in susceptible individuals within 3-4 weeks of use. Another helpful herb is passionflower -- some research shows that 45 drops daily of liquid extract is comparable to Oxazepam 30 mg for treating generalized anxiety disorder, in some patients. Also theanine (from green tea) 200mg.

In brief: Several

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Eric Weisman