Will smoking outside protect my baby from secondhand smoke?

No. Babies absorb substances 2 to 3 times more than we do. Even though you may smoke outside, nicotine and tar and many other substances end up on your skin, hair and clothing, all which come in contact with the baby.
No. (not fully). The best protection is for family members to never smoke since particles cling to hair and clothes. Smoke exposure doubles childhood respiratory infections, increases asthma exacerbations, and increases sids risk. If you must smoke, never smoke in the car or home and wear a jacket that you change out of when entering the home. Ask your doctor about proven methods to help quit smoking.
No. I hear all the time that people "only smoke outside" to avoid exposing their baby to smoke. But, this still causes significant problems because the smoke stays on clothing and hair and will still be in your lungs and breast milk. Even small amounts of second hand smoke can seriously affect a growing, developing baby's mind and lungs.
No. Maybe to some degree, but the smoke and particles cling to a smoker and the smoker's clothing, and there's probably plenty of exposure that way. Besides, how many people who claim to "always smoke outside" really do so?