Can hayfever cause shortness of breath?

Possible. Studies have shown that many hay fever sufferers do have an over-reactive airway despite absence of symptoms. A few years back , I was one of the co-authors reported for the first time evidence for large airway (higher up than the small airways involved in asthma) constriction was found in patients with fever causing tightness sensation at the upper chest. Do check with your doctor .
No, it does not. Typical hayfever symptoms include sneezing, itchy nose or eyes, nasal congestion and itchy eyes. Shortness of breath is not a typical symptom of hayfever which is also called Allergic Rhinitis. Shortness of breath can be caused by Asthma. Asthma can occur in many different situations, including viral bronchitis, allergies and environmental sources.