What are allergy eyes?

Shiners. That term is used to refer to the redness that develops when allergic people get exposed to the allergens to which they're allergic, but more commonly referred to "allergic shiners". This is the dark circles under the eyes that result from nasal congestion.
Varied symptoms. Eye allergy symptoms include redness, itching, tearing, thick ropy discharge, grittiness, and puffiness of the eyelids. These symptoms are triggered by exposures to allergens which can include dust mites, mold, pet dander, feathers, cockroaches, and pollen. Taking antihistamines either orally or in the form of eye drops before a known exposure can prevent these symptoms.