What are amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling and blood/saliva test screening used for? Abortions?

Prenatal diagnosis. Cvs and amniocentesis are used to discover chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus. They are also used to diagnose genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, that some people are at risk for. Blood and saliva screening tests are used to find out if parents are at risk for a baby with certain genetic diseases.
Is it a boy or girl? Amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling are used mainly for testing to determine the sex of your unborn child. Blood/saliva testing is used for so many other conditions they can't begin to begin to be listed here.