Any of you use alternative medicine for atherosclerosis or CAD coronary arterial disease?

DependsOnWhatYouMean. E.G.Niacin, aka vitamin b3, has a >50 year track record of achieving reductions in atherosclerotic disease progression and events. However, not effective until doses >1, 000 mg/day are routinely taken. I have taken 2, 000/day since 1995 and have many (not all) clients who are very successful with this, as one of many tools/strategies. However, Niacin can easily induce skin flushing, strategy is key.
Alternative Meds. I am not sure what exactly you mean by alternative meds. However, red yeast rice has been used for some time to lower cholesterol and is similar to Pravachol or pravastatin in activity. These are considered food additives and not drugs so ther may be some variability in the active ingredients between brands and even lots, so if one type doesn't work you can try another.