One year after suffering a few minutes of unclear vision ( seeing half the letters in words ) my MRI was normal , could it still be TIA?

Dr. Ann Agnew

In brief: Maybe

MRI remains normal with TIA because the blood flow gets restored quickly enough that there is no permanent damage.
That being said you are very young to have had a TIA and I would be more suspicious of an ocular migraine

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Ann Agnew
Dr. Ann Agnew
Dr. William Conte
Neurology

TIAs often will not show any abnormalities on MRI because the transient nature of the vessel narrowing can be quick enough not to cause any permanent cell damage.
Up to half of patients with TIA will not have MRI findings, especially one year out. Even though you do not have MRI findings, it is important to be treated for TIA because it decrease your chance of a full stroke in the future.

Dr. William Conte
Dr. William Conte
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology