Think I have gout in my knee. Painful to straighten leg, swelling in leg, can't walk, seems fine when I sit down. Taking ibuprofen. Been 3 days now.

Dr. Jonathan Hausmann
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Unclear

Gout is a disease of older men or post-menopausal women, which usually first presents with exquisite pain, swelling, and redness of the great toe.
Episodes last for a few days, but usually resolve completely on their own. If gout is not treated, over years it can begin to affect other joints. It would be unusual to have a first episode of gout affecting the knee. Should consider other causes.

In brief: Unclear

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: R U certain?

Are you certain it is gout? That is a very rare issue in a premenopausal woman.
See a rheumatologist. If you do have you need to be on allopurinol to prevent attacks.

In brief: R U certain?

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine