I had a cavity filled 8 months ago and my cheek under my eye is still a little swollen. He had to shoot pain killer in the back of my throat. Norm?

Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: No

This is not normal, see your doctor.

In brief: No

This is not normal, see your doctor.
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: NO

Back of the throat is not a normal dental injection site.
It may have been confused witha mandibular block (which may be misinterpreted as "back there"). Swelling you describe is not a normal situation right away, let alone 8 months later. If a special injection called an infra-orbital is done for a front tooth, and the tooth still has some pathology, that could be the cause of the swelling.

In brief: NO

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry

In brief: No

The most common infected tooth that causes cheek and eye swelling is the upper canines.
These teeth are not anesthetized with injections at the back of the throat. Eight months is way to long to be waiting for an infection and swelling to go down. See your dentist immedietly.

In brief: No

Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn