How do I find out if I am colorblind?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: Color

Your local eye doctor can do a simple color blindness test to see if you are color blind.

In brief: Color

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Testing

Your ophthalmologist has test plates to make this determination.
You can also find them on line to get a rough idea about whether you have this issue.

In brief: Testing

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger

In brief: Do the Ishihara test

A person can determine if he is color blind by taking the ishihara test.
This test consists of 38 circles of colored dots. Each of the circles of dots contains a hidden number made up of certain colors of dots. Depending on whether or not a person can read the number in the circles, his type of color blindness can be diagnosed. Parts of the ishihara test are posted on websites for people to use.

In brief: Do the Ishihara test