I had fistula/abscess surgery in march and my incision never healed and now I have something protruding out of it and have back and pelvic pain?

Dr. Kathryn Ko
Neurosurgery

In brief: Unhealed fistula

Helen you need to return to your surgeon and have this looked at promptly.
I'm concerned that you said the incision never healed. Please make an appointment with the surgeon to evaluate what can be done to ensure that the incision is progressing without complications. Please take care.

In brief: Unhealed fistula

Dr. Kathryn Ko
Dr. Kathryn Ko
Dr. Derek Farley
Urgent Care

In brief: Should be looked at

I would call the oncall service for the surgeon who did the surgery, or the person who is treating you for the non-healing wound (wound care specialist?).
Follow their advice. If they tell you to go to the ER, do so. Otherwise, follow their advice explicitly. I hope, at a minimum, they would arrange for you to see them at some point.

In brief: Should be looked at

Dr. Derek Farley
Dr. Derek Farley
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery