How can I read traffic lights if I am colorblind?

In brief: Not an all or none

"color blind" is a common term that describes a collection of color vision variations in the population.
You can have partial or total deficiencies, the most of which involve red-green.The undetected colors appear gray.My mild red-green deficiency was picked up on a pre college physical using ishihara plates & my dr encouraged me to avoid pathology. I've never had pbs with traffic lights.

In brief: Not an all or none

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: You can

Traffic signal lights are designed with colors that will allow you to recognize the signals properly even if you are color deficient.
You may name the colors differently than the color normal but you will not make a mistake in traffic.

In brief: You can

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger