How can I prevent color blindness?

You cannot. Color deficiency is an inherited condition in which the colored light receptors have a spectral shift or are completely lacking in one type of color receptor. The receptor count is usually normal so acuity is not affected. This occurs more often in males. There are no known fixes.
Can't prevent it. Color blindness is a genetic disorder. That is to say, if someone is going to develop color blindness there is nothing that will prevent it because the occurrence of this condition is due to the chromosomes inherited at birth.