My husband is 57 and has these red round bumpy blotchy things on his legs they seem to come and go but moving upward?

See your doctor. Dermatologic issues are very difficult to diagnose without actually seeing (and feeling) the skin lesion. Best to see your family doctor or dermatologist to get an exact diagnosis.